Benefits of Becoming a Member
Discover why more than 600 top physicians have chosen CSIMS.
MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD!
CSIMS is the RECOGNIZED voice of occupational medicine before the California Legislature and state agencies. Our two lobbyists have a combined 62 years workers’ compensation experience. CSIMS was instrumental in turning around what was going to be a 40% reduction into a 25% increase in the Medical-Legal Fee Schedule (MLFS). More recently, CSIMS led the initiative that caused the Department of Insurance to exclude cost containment fees from the definition of medical costs, greatly reducing the would-be effect of medical care on insurance premiums.
ENHANCE YOUR KNOWLEDGE
Keep on the cutting edge of evolving practice and legal developments, effective treatment guidelines, fee schedule revisions, and business opportunities. CSIMS is approved by the Division of Workers’ Compensation (DWC), California Medical Association, Board of Chiropractic Examiners and other organizations to grant continuing education credits to members at substantial discounts.
IMPROVE YOUR BILLING & COLLECTIONS RESULTS
Do you wonder how much you’re “leaving on the table?” Are you confused about which codes to use or which fee schedule is applicable? Are you sick of being down coded? Are you tired of the old slow pay routine? Daily, the CSIMS staff helps dozens of members like you. CSIMS can help you code correctly, reduce billing disputes, and, ultimately, IMPROVE YOUR CASH FLOW.
Professional Consultation with CSIMS Experts
- Billing & collections – proper coding
- Reducing collection hassles
- Successful use of 2009 MTUS
- Utilization review procedures
- Improve proficiency with AMA Guides
- Overall regulatory compliance
- On-site staff in-service training
- On-site staff in-service training
UR and Med-Legal Toolboxes
- Treatment authorization requests grouped by ACOEM or ODG, Body System or treatment needed
- Links to AMA Guides and other vital Med-Legal resources
- Court/Legal references including Almaraz-Guzman
- References to the statutes, regulations
- Links to numerous evidence-based guidelines
- Articles and Advisory notices that you need
MPN Provider Network
- PPO and MPN contract review services
Continuing Education Opportunities
- Approved provider for AMA PRA Category 1® CME, QME, RN, DC and MCLE credit
- Live seminars and distance learning programs
- FREE Billing and Collections Seminar CD and Syllabus
- Special tuition discounts for members and their staff
- Our affiliation with the Conference of Machinists gives CSIMS an opportunity to make positive contributions to worker safety in California. The alliance will encourage a synergism that will enhance and improve California’s workers’ compensation system.
CSIMS’ affiliation with the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers, AFL-CIO, is one of the most important events in our Society’s history. It represents a major step forward in improving worker safety, treatment and evaluation.
- ODG Online Subscription – NOTE: you must be logged in to click on this link to view the next page since Members’ Only discount codes are provided.
- 401(k) Program
- Lexis-Nexis medical books discounts
- Zephyr-TEC Naturally Speaking Voice Dictation Software
- Staples Advantage
- UPS shipping discounts up to 33% savings
- CSIMS Distance learning continuing education programs
Volunteer today and help us grow CSIMS
Join our Mailing list
CSIMS 35th ANNUAL CONFERENCE
October 22 - 25, 2020
The Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter
910 Broadway Circle
San Diego, California 92101
Please support our lobbying effort